Thursday, November 8, 2012

Muting the Negativity & Teaching Updates

Hello, all.

I hope you are well.  It has been a "noisy" week in my life and I suspect many of you have experienced the same thing with the political season reaching its climax on Election Day.  I am working hard this week to surrender judgement of other people's viewpoints and instead focus on the our mutual desire for an improved society.  There are some people who I've just had to "mute" this week in order to keep myself on the path.  Pressing "mute" and withdrawing from the negative energy surrounding some people is important to your own health, vitality, and frame of mind.  Don't be afraid to tune out the negativity-- it doesn't mean you're not seeing all points of view or that you've lost your empathy or compassion.  It simply means you're not going to accept negative emotional states with your information.  Think about where you get your news from and how often.  Check facts across several sources.  Try reading articles instead of tuning in to television broadcasts.  Read only the things that concern you being a better, more informed citizen.  Don't get caught up in the stream of missing women and murders paraded across the television in a subjective manner designed to frighten and anger.  Yes, we should be outraged sometimes, but not all the time.

That being said, I'm going to embark on a meditative journey today.  I have some extra time as I am home with a sick little boy.  I'll be wishing you peace, love, and contentment as I do.
  • CLASS UPDATE:
  • My next class will be offered on Saturday mornings in April & May 2013.
  • It will be located on the main campus of RVC in the dance studio.
  • Watch for the upcoming RVC Spring Catalog for Community & Continuing Education to sign up!!!

As always,
Namaste~
Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment